Kylie Morton Berry
Kylie Morton Berry, originally from Maryville, Tennessee, began her training at Van Metre School of Dance and Appalachian Ballet Company under the direction of her mother, Amy Morton Vaughn. In 2007, Kylie received a contract with the North Carolina Dance Theatre (now known as the Charlotte Ballet), where she remained for three seasons. Since returning to Tennessee in 2010, Kylie has performed title roles on the Appalachian stage as the Sugar Plum Fairy, Cinderella, Peter Pan, and The Little Mermaid. Kylie is the Rehearsal Mistress for Appalachian Ballet Company and has choreographed several works for the company that have been performed in Tennessee and across the Southeast. Kylie teaches ballet and jazz at Van Metre School of Dance and is a frequent master teacher in the Southeast.
• Magna cum laude graduate from Otterbein University
• Bachelor Degrees in both Dance and English (creative writing).
• Experienced Jazz, Hip Hop, Musical Theatre, Ballet, Tap, Lyrical, modern, and Contemporary performer and instructor.
• Professional choreographer for award-winning dance competition teams, pageants, and Blue Jeans and Ballet, as well as local theatre productions for Maryville College, South Doyle High School, Wordplayers, Oak Ridge Playhouse, Foothills Community Players, and Tennessee Valley Players.
• Adjunct instructor at Maryville College.
• Actress with Talent Trek Agency and has appeared in local and international commercials and television shows. Played Kathy Kenda in a recurring role on Homicide Hunter.
• Courtney is married to Tim Purvis and is mother to Alex and Noble and step-mom to Ella and Micah.
Arbor Phillips Diggs
• Maryville College Psychology Counseling Major Class of 2019
• Company member with Appalachian Ballet Company (2007-2019)
• Soloist Dancer with Appalachian Ballet (2017-2019)
• ABC Roles: Wendy and Pirate Wench (Peter Pan), Marzipan, Dew Drop Fairy, Arabian Princess (The Nutcracker), Mermaid Sister (The Little Mermaid)
• Regional Dance America Southeast (2013-2018)
• Teaches Ballet and Creative Movement (2015-Present)
• Area Representative for Knoxville Fellowship of Christian Athletes
• Teaching the younger generation at VMSD fills my heart with the upmost joy and brings a smile to my face each week.
• Received her MFA in Dance Performance and Choreography from Florida State University, B.S. in Biology from Davidson College and a Certificate in Dance from The Ailey School
• Performed with Robert Moses' KIN as a part of the cast that received the 2015 Isadora Duncan Award for "Outstanding Achievement in Performance-Company"
• Performed with Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater as a student performer.
• Founder and director of the international creative community, The Iteration Project
• Work has been presented at The Kennedy Center, Princeton University, Davidson College, Z Space in San Francisco and The San Francisco Conservatory of Dance among others.
• Besides getting to teach and work with incredible students, there's no place I'd rather be than outside and on the trail with my pup, Savvy.
• Began dancing at Van Metre School of Dance
And with the Appalachian Ballet Company performing many leading roles.
• Studied in London at the Royal Academy of Dance
• Danced professionally with Colorado Ballet and as an apprentice with Pacific Northwest Ballet
• My family owned and operated Olympia Athletic Club for 38 years sold in 2017.
• I currently teach ballet classes at Van Metre School of Dance as well as Yoga, Barre, Zumba and Pilates at Olympia Athletic Club and Blackberry Farm
• I love teaching because it teaches me so much and I love to share my passion with others. My favorite pet is always my current one…. which right now is my sweet beagle mix Bindy.
• Atlanta Ballet Summer Intensive (2015)
• National Choreographic Intensive (2016)
• RIOULT Dance New York (2019, on scholarship)
• Regional Dance America Southeast (2013-present)
• Appalachian Ballet Company (2011-present)
• ABC Roles: Wendy (Peter Pan), Shepherdess (The Nutcracker), Mermaid Sister (The Little Mermaid)
• Being a dance teacher at VMSD has brought me a tremendous amount of joy. It has been beyond rewarding to build relationships with my students and watch them grow each and every week. I absolutely love being able to share what I am most passionate about with a new generation of dancers.
• Art major at Maryville College majoring in art therapy
• Studied many forms of dance since age 2, including folk dances, but tap is my favorite!
• Attended Governor’s School for Dance in 2017.
• Studied dance at the Crossville Center of Dance, Arts in Motion, Stage One Dance Studio and Van Metre School of Dance.
• I have a cat named Vincent.
• Dancing at Van Metre School of Dance since 2008
• Joined the Appalachian Ballet Company in 2012
• Attended many summer programs including Ballet Arizona (on scholarship), Ballet Austin, Commercial Dance Intensive, National
• Choreography Intensive (on scholarship), and Atlanta Ballet
• Attended Regional Dance America Southeast (2014-present)
• Student at Hardin Valley Academy